Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Tuesday!!! Sharing my first Easel Card Today!

Ok, so this week has been a first of many for me as far as creativity goes and I'm so proud to show you my first Easel Card that I made for a couple of challenges.  In fact there were many firsts that I tried with this card: 1. it's an Easel Card, 2.  I used a new technique using embossing in clear and then coloring in the flowers on the egg with water color pens and markers, 3. I used all new stamps and my new Martha Stewart glitter.  Thank you so much for looking!
I tried to get a good close up of the egg I made using clear embossing powder and my H2O brushes with ink, but this is as good as I could get!  I used my brown Stampin' Up Ink for all of the stamping.  The chick and the hot air balloon were colored in with my H2O brushes and various inks.  I used my stickles in white and blue for the balloon part and covered both the balloon and the chick in my accent gloss.  The flowers came from my stash and I spritzed them with White Glimmer Mist.  I destressed around the egg and my stamped sentiment ( which came in my 100 follower prize pack that I won earlier this month! ).  The pink paper was ran through my Sizzix Texture Boutique and Swiss dots cuttlebug folder.  Oh, and I almost forgot!!! The egg wobbles thanks to my first time use of my wobble stash!

Challenges for this card are:
K Andrews Simply Sunday Challenge: make a project with some sugar and spice!
Creative Sisters Challenge #3 : spring theme
Kleirrs Kreation : National Craft Month

Please visit these blogs for more fun and inspiration!  Thank you again for taking the time to look at my work!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

5 comments:

Patti Ross said...

Lisa, this is just amazing. I love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Creative Sisters MOnday Challenge.

Patti Ross
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

Missy said...

What a cute card!!! Your markers over the clear embossing looks fantastic!!!

Ellen Jarvis said...

ADORABLE card!

...now for the real reason I stopped by today: CONGRATULATIONS, you've won the blog candy I offered on my Tip of the Week Tutorial. That is to say, you get 5 sheets of transparencies to try out the rub-on technique I demonstrated on www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com.

Go over to my blog, where I'm about to announce your win. Please send me a private e-mail with your home mailing address so I can get your prize out to you quickly! (I'm going to the P.O. tomorrow, so it may be good timing!)

CONGRATS again, and thanks for following my site. I'm YOUR newest follower, too!

Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
cardmonkey@comcast.net

girlia said...

Really cute!

Tinker Planet said...

Cute card!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS