Wednesday, July 18, 2012

One Layer for Less is More

I just love the Less Is More Challenges... because well they are just so challenging! hehehe!  This challenge was no different: Use 3 of something and it all has to be one layer...
So recently I bought some refill inks that I don't have the stamp pads for (I know right now you are scratching your heads, but they were on a great deal and I loved the colors), so I have been racking my brain on how to use them... I finally came up with my answer:



Supplies Used:
Refill Inks by Stampin Up! and Ranger
Stamps: Technique Tuesdays
Ink: Memories Black

* I'm also entering this into the Frosted Designs Stamp Challenge. And the Stamp N Plus Challenge #2 anything goes!
I LOVE IT!!!  All I did was hold my refill bottles sideways and make a slight line with my wrist where I wanted the ink to go... be careful to not lay it too far on its side or too much comes out, and DO NOT SQUEEZE, yikes!  I'd love to see what you make if you try this technique or not so make sure to let me know if you do!  Have a fabulous day, and tomorrow you might want to make sure you stop by for a little wink wink nudge nudge.... hey keep your mind out of the gutter I'm talking crafty goodies hehehe!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

18 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

WOW! This is brilliant!!!! I absolutely love your background work - amazing paintwork! Love everything I see! :D

Nana said...

Beautiful card and what a great take on the challenge.

Nana

Laura said...

Genius! Things don't only do what the label says!

Kathyk said...

LOVE your card and the vibrant splats!

Kathyk

Jingle said...

SUCH a fun card!

Carole said...

Smashing card...love the splats.
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

BrendaB said...

This is so cool! Love those ink splashes in the background! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

Denise Price said...

Great idea for using those re-inkers! I especially like the contrast you created by pairing the bright inks with a mellow black & white card. Very creative indeed.

Ashley Horton said...

So fun! Love the black stamping on the white background and the splattered inks look awesome in contrast with the black & white! Thanks for playing along with us @ Frosted Designs!!

Scrapmate said...

Love the BG.

ParkNSlide said...

Great technique---looks very modern artsy. Thanks for posting on the Stamp N Plus challenge.

Karen B. said...

This is so bright and fun, and defiantly fully of energy!

Beverly Montez said...

You go girl! Keep buying those sale items--they often come in handy. This is a great idea for the inks! Very unique and a great card. Thanks for joining us at Stamp'N Plus this month.
XO
Beverly

Chrissie said...

What a great way to use those inks!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Bonnie Irvine said...

This technique made such a cool background for this stamp. Love the bright splotches of colour next to the black and white image and sentiment. Very fun. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes Challenge at Stamp N Plus.

Linda said...

Love this! Great background - stunning use of the inks. The stamp is really cute too. xx

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Lisa

Wow I love your card it really stood out amongst the crowd for me - great technique - I just need to get some re-inker bottles now!!!

Happy crafting

Tina
XXX

Cindy Groh said...

Fun and easy technique. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Stamp N Plus.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS