Thursday, January 23, 2014

Owl always be here for you...

When I saw there was a new challenge posted at Clearly Besotted it was a no brainer that I had to play along... and I also wanted to challenge myself by experimenting with some water colors (ink drops watered down) and stamps, so viola....


I really like the results... I started by placing drops of ink on a clear stamp block.  I spritzed them with lots of water.  I also spritzed my watercolor paper first and then took the inks to the paper via paintbrush.  Next I stamped the heart image into each different "watercolor" and stamped them directly onto the paper.  I wasn't sure how this would turn out, but it worked out well!  *Tip - I stamped the image off once or twice each time before stamping onto my paper.  For the smaller label die I simply dripped ink, spritzed them and layed the label die right onto it, then let it dry.

I have also based this card on the CAS(E) Sketch Challenge #60, CAS on Sunday: Lovey Dovey, and the Hiding in My Craft Room Clean and Simple Challenge.

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave some love, it always makes my day!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

8 comments:

jessica said...

very pretty Lisa!
Love the technique!

Lena said...

Beautiful card. You did a lovely job with your colours.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
Lena – DT Member
xxx
Lena’s Creations

Birgit said...

Hi Lisa. I think you achieved beautiful results with your watercoloring!!! Lovely card.

Jen W. said...

Love the gorgeous background you created and the "blank" strip behind the owl. Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Joni Andaya said...

Aww...Lisa! This card is just way to CUTE! Love the owl and the colors. Amazing <3

Virginia L. said...

Wow, how beautiful is that ware-colored background! Your cute owl is perfect or this design! Well done, Lisa!

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely card! I love the colours!

Stephanie said...

Your card is so cute and trendy, love it! Thank you for joining in with the Clearly Besotted Challenge x :)

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS