Saturday, December 9, 2017

CAS-ual Fridays It's All About the JOY!

Hello!  Today I am sharing a bold and simply CAS Christmas card on the CAS-ual Friday's Blog...


Now I have to be honest that this card is not exactly what I first had in mind.  My original idea was to create a one layer background by masking the rectangle and adding red Distress Oxide ink to the center of my cardbase... only I had quite a few spots where the masking tape didn't hold and red streaks were outside of the masked area.  But I did love the way the red and spritzed silver looked, so I didn't want to completely throw it away.  I decided to just cut the area out, adhere it to a new cardbase, and problem solved!  I then stamped and embossed the joy sentiment from the Joy Stamp Set, and cut it out to adhere over my inked rectangle.


Thanks so much for stopping by and if you would like to do a little shopping I have a code for you to use...


Happy Crafting!
Lisa

2 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

This is so pretty Lisa! Love that inked orange background and that pretty silver sentiment!

Georgiana said...

I sure do like the silver embossing. Thanks for the guest designer tip! Let's see what happens in 2018.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS